Social Networking Policy Part 2
Comments, posts, and messages are welcome on Roswell Public Library’s social networking sites. While the Roswell Public Library recognizes and respects differences in opinion, all such interactions will be monitored and reviewed for relevancy and content. All postings which contain any of the following will be removed and the poster barred from posting any subsequent messages to Roswell Public Library social networking sites:
- Obscene or racist content
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language
- Potentially libelous statements
- Plagiarized or copy-written material
- Private, personal information published without consent
- Comments totally unrelated to the content of the forum
- Hyperlinks to material that is not directly related to the discussion
- Commercial promotions or spam
- Organized political or religious activity
- Photos or other images that fall in any of the above categories
Roswell Public Library reserves the right to edit or modify any postings or comments for space or content, while retaining the intent of the original post.
Roswell Public Library shall also be granted the right to reproduce user comments, posts, and messages in other public venues for publicity purposes.
Roswell Public Library assumes no liability regarding any event or interaction that takes place by any participant in any library-sponsored social networking service, and does not endorse or review content outside the pages created by library staff.
Participation in the library’s social networking services implies agreement with all library policies and the terms of service of each individual third-party service. If a user does not agree to these terms, they are not to use the services provided.
The role and utility of social networking sites will be evaluated periodically by library staff and may be terminated at any time without notice to subscribers.